Hello everyone and welcome to yet another artist feature here on AnthroBrand! I believe this is our first time having the pleasure of interviewing an artist all the way from Russia and I can't even begin to tell you how exciting that is!! The Anthro community literally spans the globe an crosses so many cultural boundaries. Our love of this art style brings us all together and this is just another amazing example of how incredible our community really is.
In this feature we are going to learn all about Domas and their newly found passion for Anthro art. So please take a second to read through their interview below and learn about a fabulous new artist from Russia!
As always, if you would like to be featured here on AnthroBrand or have any questions about who we are or what we do, please don't hesitate to reach out to me via email, discord, or telegram. All of my contact information is located on the front page and I am always quick to respond.
1. Please introduce yourself! Tell us about your sona, or main character, and what inspired them into your life.
My sona is a half-dragon/half-dino gal. I wanted to make something that I can use as an OC for my art, and at the time I was playing a game that had a really cute dragon character! So, I decided to make one for myself.
2. How long have you been drawing in the general sense?
In December I will celebrate my first full year of drawing.
3. Do you prefer digital or traditional art more?
I mainly do art digitally, so I would say digital, haha.
4. What art program do you use? What are its best and worst features?
I mainly use Photoshop. It's best feature is the amount of resources for it on the internet. It's worst feature is probably that it's subscription based.
5. What brought you to the Anthro community?
I got into the Anthro community mainly because of the art. I love the freedom and creativity you can do with different species, and I also like to see what other people come up with.
6. Tell us about an art style that inspires you!
Any creative media to be honest. I might play a game, or watch a movie, and see something and think to myself: ''That looks pretty cool, what if I try it that way?''
7. What are your current art goals?
Become better at art in general and try to make it my main, stable source of income.
8. If you could master any skill overnight, what would it be?
Probably coding, then I would be sure to be employed at any time.
9. If you could give one piece of advice to new artists, what would it be?
This is a tricky question for me since I am a new artist myself, but what I would recommend is to focus on improving yourself and to not care about social media too much (unless it's your main source of income, then it's pretty important).
10. What prompted you to begin taking commissions? How was it when you first started out?
My first commission was done for my great friend and also my art mentor; she encouraged me to start doing them and to start posting on social media.
11. What advice do you have for artists that are thinking about beginning to take commissions for the first time?
I would say start with small prices, and then raise them accordingly. Not according to the size of your following, but the amount of commissions you're getting. Try to always do your best work no matter the price since your art will always be a showcase to other clients as to what they are paying for.
12. What's your favorite thing about the Anthro community?
My favorite aspect of the Anthro community is how kind and welcoming everybody is. I've met a lot of great people and made many amazing friends.
13. Tell us a little known fact about yourself!
I am Russian and I don't drink vodka.
14. Where can we find you?
You can find me on my twitter: https://twitter.com/DomasArts
And there we have it! A big thanks to Domas for participating in our artist feature, and thank you all for reading. Please take a look below for some of our recent articles and keep your eyes out for more in the future. Also! Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter! That way our articles will come right to your inbox and you don't have to worry about me forgetting to tweet them ever again. xD
Thanks again for reading!